Skip to main content

HERE WITH YOU

Book: "Here With You".
Publishers: Vilack Publishing

Suggested By: MY SECRET BOOKSHELF
BLURB
Salma, a new bride who is happily married to her husband, moves into her in-laws’ house as part of their South Indian culture. A new life, a new beginning, and a new family in a new country. Staying in a place far away from her loved ones, with no one to rely on but her husband, she undergoes the realities of life living under the same roof as her mother-in-law. How will she cope with the lifestyle changes and the daily challenges? Will her dreams of having a good relationship with her mother-in-law come true? Or will she discover the dreaded monster-in-law?
Fatima wants to be a good mother-in-law to Salma and yearns for a good relationship with her. Life and time throw opportunities her way to prove herself. Would she take the right decisions and keep her best foot forward? Or would she succumb to her ego and cultural stereotypes?
This book is about the emotional tug-of-war between a daughter-in-law and her mother-in-law. Sandwiched between the two most important women of his life is Faisal, the son of one and husband of the other.
The story revolves around the lives of these three characters and the relationships they share with each other as they learn to stick together despite the ups and downs they face as a joint family.

Genre: Contemporary Fiction
My Review:
Recently got married?
Marriage involves not just two people but two big families to bind a relation.
Then this review is just for you.
This is a story about three people, one is a couple who gets married and the third character is that of the mother- in- law of the girl.
If you're a girl, then you must have numerous questions in your mind, like, how will I adjust in the new family with no one whom I actually know? Will everyone behave just like my own family? Will they accept me as their daughter? etc.
If you're a Boy, then you'll relate to the part where men need to balance between being a son and being a husband.
And, if you're a mother, then you would be able to relate to the part where the mother- in - law struggles to be a good mother- in- law.
The language used is easy to understand.
Cover of the book gets a 5 on 5 because of its simplicity and it is beautifully designed.
The character build up and story-telling is good too.
My Ratings:
4 on 5 stars

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A self love letter to you, from you, Sunshine :)

Hello Sunshine, How have you been doing these past few days? I know, this is a touché topic to talk about these days but I hope things will get better real soon and we’ll all be able to forget this new normal and will get back to being out older selves with a few changed and better habits that we learned throughout this pandemic. Sunshine, it is not always easy to be our best selves in all the situations but you’ve got to start from a certain point, right? I heard you’ve been thinking that you’re turning into an emotionless being? That you have no idea what you are feeling and why. Tell me something, didn’t you smile last night when your whole family was with you last night, enjoying dinner and watching TV while talking about your childhood memories they cherish till date? Didn’t you embrace the wind you felt on your face while riding your scooter? Didn’t it make you smile? Didn’t you cry when you thought about the fact that there might be a few years left for you to live wi

Let's pour our heart out today!!

People often say, things never come easily to us. We need to work hard and really very hard to get the things in life that we really want to achieve. Often times I think about being a content writer, sometimes a data scientist or maybe a teacher or just staying a reader for life. People say that I've not been doing much in life professionally/ career related because they do not see me growing. I too think about all this many a times because who doesn't? I like to call these kind of days, " Reflection Days " when I sit down with a diary in hand (sometimes not even a diary) and think about everything I have done, achieved, experienced, regret not doing in this whole life or just the past year to be specific. The conclusion that I reach upon is considerably vague because I just cannot reach a proper conclusion to all these things, I guess no one can. Nonetheless, I reach upon the conclusion that I might have not done what my friends are doing or I might not have achieved